Border Crossing Requirements
Perfect Smile Dental is always interested to make your trip to Tijuana and back into the U.S. as pleasant and easygoing as possible. For that matter, we would like to inform you about certain requirements for visitors in Mexico, as well as for U.S. Border Crossing.
It is important for you to know that:
- There is not actual passport or visa required to cross into Mexico.
- It is illegal to carry Firearms and Ammo into Mexico.
When crossing back into the U.S.:
- All articles acquired in Mexico must be declared.
- $800 exemption for gifts and personal articles, including one liter of alcoholic beverages per person over 21 every 30 days.
- Cuban cigars are prohibited.
- Check with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) about importing any medications prior to crossing into Mexico.
- CBP has a zero-tolerance policy on illegal drugs. Any type, in any amount may result in serious fines, seizure of vehicle, federal record and/or imprisonment.
- Switchblade knives, sea turtle boots or any other articles of endangered species (i.e. spotted cats, coral, crocodile, elephant, etc) are prohibited.
- Most fruits are prohibited (No oranges or apples)
- Do not take U.S. fruits and meats to Mexico-You cannot bring them back.
- Before you go to Mexico, ask a CBP Officer for a list of items you can bring back.
- Fines of $50 to $1,000 may result if you fail to declared agricultural items.
If you want to know more, please view the followin links: